1. Violation of program
rules/guidelines may result in discharge, at the
discretion of staff, from the Safety Through Education
Driver Intervention Program.
2. Safety Through Education is an alcohol and drug free
program. Possession or use of alcohol or drugs by
clients, verified by staff’s reasonable suspicion, will
result in immediate discharge. This includes any clients
possessing drug paraphernalia.
3. Personal property is subject to search at any time.
All contraband will be confiscated.
4. Violence, possession of weapons, or threats made to
clients or staff is not tolerated. Any deliberate or
negligent actions harmful to the safety or welfare of
clients or staff will result in immediate discharge from
Safety Through Education and legal action taken if
5. Sexual harassment or any sexual contact with clients,
staff or other persons will result in immediate
discharge from the program.
6. Any behavior or action which may compromise the
integrity of the Safety Through Education Program may
result in immediate discharge.
7. All clients are expected to be on time and
participate in all scheduled sessions and related
program activities. This also includes all meals served
during the weekend. Disruptive behavior is not tolerated
during sessions and may result in discharge from the
8. Clients must be appropriately dressed at all times.
9. If clients are not present in their rooms, the rooms
are to be kept locked. Staff and hotel management are
not responsible for any items missing or stolen from
10. No visitors are allowed on the hotel premises during
the 72-hour program. Clients are not allowed to have
other clients, except their own roommates, in their
11. Staff will conduct nightly room checks.
12. Clients are to be in their rooms by 11:00 p.m. every
night (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). Those not
present at this curfew time will be considered absent
without leave – AWOL.
13. Clients are not permitted to leave the assigned area
of the hotel (this includes the BP station), unless
accompanied by staff.
14. The telephones in clients’ rooms are not in service.
Phone calls can be made during authorized times. Leave
all cell phones and pagers in your rooms. If your
cell phone/pager is not kept in your room at all times
during the 72-hour program then it will be taken by a
staff member. Your phone/pager will eventually be returned to
you when the program ends.
15. Do not drive to the Safety Through Education Program
if your driver license is suspended.
are not allowed in the restaurant/bar area except on
Thursdays after 9:00 p.m. or during days/times when
meals are scheduled to be served in the restaurant area.
17. Clients in triple rooms are required to
alternate rollaway beds with roommates. Each night a
different person will occupy a rollaway unless other
arrangements are made between roommates.
Download Rules to Print
This document requires Adobe Acrobat
Reader 5.0 or higher